Are you ticked off because your competitors are beating you in organic search (SEO) or they’re simply out-marketing you across the board?
Are you tired of writing content that no one reads or shares on social media?
It sucks when Google doesn’t reward you for your hard work and customers don’t buy your product.
Let’s face it: success on the internet is tough. Only 6% of companies ever reach $1 million in revenue and many more go bankrupt every year.
Why do companies fail?
- They don’t achieve product market fit.
- They run out of money.
- Or, because they can’t figure out how to acquire customers.
In this post, I won’t help you find product market fit or get more cash in the bank. But I will tell you how to get more customers by reverse engineering your competitors’ SEO and growth strategies.
Imagine being able to reconstruct your competitors’ keywords, content marketing, and even social media marketing strategy lightning fast, without hours of research.
We figured out how to do it. And it’s helping us crush our competition. In fact, we rank on page 1 for pretty much every single keyword we pursue via SEO.
For example, we rank at the top of Page 1 for “webinar software”…
and also for “best landing page software”
and also for “direct mail companies.”
Plus, our competitive analytics strategy has accelerated our growth like we didn’t think possible. Our revenue is nearing $45,000/month.
It’s all about 1) marketing smarter and 2) marketing faster.
And the tool we invented to do it all: GrowthBar!
Table of Contents
What the tool does
Marketing isn’t rocket science. Hailey and I aren’t geniuses. Neither are most SEOs, Facebook advertisers or Google Ads specialists.
Once you know what to do and how to do it, growth marketing is pretty straight forward. But knowing what to prioritize and how to execute quickly is the hard part.
That’s where Hailey and I are experts. Because we’ve grown so many businesses — from $0 to millions in revenue — we know the shortcuts. And so we built a tool with those shortcuts in mind. No extra fluff.
- GrowthBar helps you move faster by focusing only on the important information. No huge dashboards or complicated software.
- GrowthBar helps you move faster because it sits right in your Google search engine results page (SERP). So you don’t have to log into a tool every time you want to quickly learn about a competitor’s strategy.
- GrowthBar helps you learn from your competitors and companies a bit farther along than you by stealing their keywords and backlinks.
How to Grow Your Business with GrowthBar
1. Determine your odds of ranking on page 1 of the Google Search Results Page (SERP)
You can do all the keyword research in the world, but when it comes down to it, there’s only one thing that really matters when you’re trying to outrank your competitors, and that is your Domain Authority.
Your Domain Authority (DA) is an aggregate score from 0-100 that estimates how authoritative your site is in Google’s eyes. The higher your Domain Authority, the more likely it is that Google will respect the content you post and quickly rank it on page 1.
With GrowthBar, you can quickly see the DA of every site on page 1 of the Google SERP.
- If there are sites on page 1 with a DA of 50 or below, then the odds are pretty high that your content will rank if it is good enough.
- However, if every site on page 1 has a DA of 80 or higher, then the competition is looking steep. No matter how good your content is, it may be too much of a longshot and may be better to focus on a different keyword, or more long-tailed keyword.
If you’re focused on SEO, you know that not all keywords are created equal. The surest way to succeed with SEO is to find keywords that have high search volume and low competition.
GrowthBar will help you prioritize which keywords to go after.
- Search any keyword and instantly see its monthly search volume as well as the CPC that people are paying to run Google ads against that keyword.
- High CPCs usually mean high value keywords — if your competitors are willing to pay for it, then you should probably be investing there too.
- Plus, when you search a keyword, you’ll also get a list of the most popular related keywords and phrases.
- Insert these related keywords into your existing posts and consider creating new content around them as well to best bolster your SEO efforts.
Google’s Algorithm places significant weight on the quality and quantity of backlinks that are pointing to your site. The more backlinks you have from high DA sites, the more Google will consider your domain an authoritative source of information — thereby quickly ranking your content on page 1.
GrowthBar can help you increase your site’s Domain Authority by helping you acquire new backlinks
- Use GrowthBar to quickly view the backlink profile of any site on page 1. That means, you can see the best backlinks your competitors have and reach out to snag them for yourself.
4. See how your competitors are getting traffic
One quick secret to marketing is that you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. If you can see that something is working well for one of your competitors, it will probably work well for you too.
GrowthBar will allow you to see exactly which channels your competitors are getting traffic from.
- See whether your competitors are running paid Google Ads and which keywords they are bidding on.
- Hint: these are great opportunities for you to test running your own Google Ads and targeting these same keywords via SEO.
- See whether your competitors are running Facebook Ads and click to spy on the ads themselves and see exactly what they look like.
- Hint: If they’re continuously spending money on Facebook ads, they’re probably working. You can use a tool like Canva to create ads in a similar format.
- See whether or not their organic search volume is high. If so, SEO is likely a strategy for them and one you should consider.
5. Save time and money
Here’s the thing. We’re constantly performing this type of research and it used to take us hours and numerous expensive software tools to complete.
Now we do it all in a matter of minutes with GrowthBar and we made it 100% free to try it.
- We prioritized the important stuff and stripped out the nonsense to create a more affordable and more effective all-in-one tool for growth. It’s only $29/mo compared to SEO tools that are charging upwards of $100-$200+ per month.
- Plus, this type of competitive research helps ensure that you’re not wasting time and money in the wrong places.
GrowthBar is a no brainer for anyone looking to expand on their marketing strategy and get more customers. Try it on us for 5 Days. We’re 100% confident you’re going to love it.
xoxo – Mark & Hailey
*Articles on this blog contain affiliate links that GMP receives a small commission from at no cost to you. We only recommend tools we trust. And never ones we don't trust.