Latest posts by Mark Spera (see all)
- The 9 Best SEO Strategies for Shopify: The Ultimate Guide - September 28, 2020
- The 11 Best Landing Page Builder Software Tools - July 4, 2020
- Local SEO: Here’s How to Rank Your Site in Google For Local Keywords - July 3, 2020
This blog, growthmarketingpro.com is built on WordPress.
We’ve never had much luck converting users into email signups on our WordPress published pages.
On the other hand, many of our lead capture pages like this one have huge conversion rates — that page converts 44.1% of visitors into email captures.
Table of Contents
What is landing page software?
Landing pages are webpages specifically designed to do one thing: capture leads.
No matter what your goal is for your online business — collecting sales leads, selling real estate services, dishing out marketing advice, selling a physical product, etc. — theres a lot of finesse that goes into converting visitors into subscribers or customers.
If you’re using WordPress and you’re serious about collecting leads or running marketing campaigns, you need a landing page software plugin.
- Landing page software plugins allow you to capture leads, create forms for customers to fill out, drive customers to sales pages, or do basically anything else you want to do on your website.
- You’ll get more bang for your buck. Every visitor to your site will be more likely to take your desired action.
- The best plugins have great out-of-the-box templates, so you can make super professional pages fast — you can even match the look and feel of your site.
- You’ll get analytics that help you understand how your page is performing.
What’s even better is that making landing pages isn’t really that complicated – you usually just have to:
- Download the plugin
- Change a setting in your WordPress admin panel
- Create and launch a page
I recommend Instapage but if you’re considering other options, read on!
What Are the Best Landing Page WordPress Plugins?
Instapage is an easy to use WordPress landing page plugin. It helps you create high-converting landing pages very quickly.
Aside from having tons of very helpful features, it also offers numerous integration options that let you keep in touch with your customers easily.
Instapage is also mobile-responsive. The developers behind it take into great consideration that people use mobile devices rather than a laptop or computer nowadays.
Instapage is a plugin that is 100% dedicated to creating landing pages. It offers a library of customizable templates – making it a great choice if you don’t want to start from scratch. Moreover, Instapage has a drag-and-drop functionality – and this helps create a landing page with WordPress simpler and faster especially for those without any coding experience.
When it comes to content, it also has direct access to millions of Bigstock images. This feature makes it easier and quicker to insert professional-looking images to your landing page. And for tracking page performance, you also have analytics at your disposal.
You can use heat maps, A/B testing, Google Tag Manager, and many more.
I love that there are ways to connect your Instapage lead forms to Salesfore, Mailchimp and tons of other programs you might already use.
Instapage Notable Features
- Advanced Google Adwords & Analytics integration
- Fast page loading
- Mobile-responsive pages
- Customizable templates
- Customizable Confirmation Messages
- Real-time reports
- Integration overviews
- Multi-user capability
- 24/7 Customer support
- SSL Certificates
- 200+ out-of-the-box templates
You can set up your pages on your own domain URL with the flick of a switch or integrate via a WordPress plugin.
I’ve used Instapage at the company I started, for countless consulting projects and at my new role at healthcare startup, PlushCare, where I lead marketing — we often see conversion rate improvements of 40%+ on our Instapage landing pages.
See my full Instapage review here.
HubSpot All-In-One Marketing is the ultimate free plugin for WordPress if you want to grow your email list, manage your contacts, and send marketing emails all through HubSpot’s free CRM.
The free plugin includes lead capture tools like forms, popups, live chat, and an integrated free contact database (CRM). Once you grow your email list you can also send email campaigns and manage your digital ads through HubSpot. All these features work immediately with no developer help needed.
HubSpot All-In-One Marketing automatically captures form submissions from your site and adds them to the fully integrated WordPress CRM, even if they come from a different tool.
By adding this plugin to your WordPress site, you’ll gain access to HubSpot’s free CRM, marketing, sales, and customer service tools, as well as HubSpot Academy, our free online educational resource.
Hubspot Plugin features:
- Forms: Easily create WordPress contact forms in minutes using HubSpot’s drag and drop form builder.
- Dashboard: A central hub for your marketing analytics. Learn which forms, popups, and live chat modules get the most submissions and pages and traffic sources drive the most conversions.
- Popups: Add a user-friendly popup form to your WordPress website with ease using HubSpot’s form builder.
- Live Chat: Add a live chat widget to your WordPress site so visitors can chat with you.
- Email Marketing: Use the drag and drop editor to design and send email campaigns.
- Simple Email Automation: Send an automated email whenever someone fills out a form or popup or sends a message on live chat.
- WordPress CRM: A single simple database for contact management.
- Integrations: Easily connect to MailChimp, Shopify, Magento and more.
See Growth Marketing Pro reader reviews of HubSpot here.
If you need to launch your landing page in minutes, then Unbounce is the perfect plugin for you. Unbounce is a WordPress landing page plugin that lets you customize landing pages to perfectly fit your brand. Over 10,000 digital marketers and quite a few large agencies use this plugin because of its flexibility and scalability.
Unbounce will let you create any page you need – without the help of developers nor the need for coding experience. The plugin has a hassle-free user interface with its drag-and-drop editor. It also has intuitive form creation, user-friendly page designs, and it also lets you edit pages to make them mobile-responsive. These will make it easier for you to create a landing page with WordPress using the Unbounce WordPress landing page plugin.
Unbounce Notable Features:
- Dynamic keyword insertion for SEM campaigns
- Add sticky headers to pages
- Add maps to pages
- Publish pages to your WordPress domain
- A team of Customer Success coaches are easy to reach when you need help
- 80+ free templates (plus more on ThemeForest)
- Complete customizability of the desktop and mobile layouts
- Built-in A/B testing features
- Integrations with marketing tools – MailChimp, SalesForce, Hubspot, and more
- Easy Google Analytics tagging and event tracking
See our full Unbounce review here.
LeadPages is another of the popular landing page software tools, which also has a WordPress landing page plugin. It features a drag-and-drop editor like most other plugins.
The best feature of LeadPages is that it can integrate well with all major email service providers. Furthermore, it also automatically re-directs traffic that lands on your old pages or 404 error pages to new landing pages. The landing page designs are also mobile, tablet-responsive, and compatible with Facebook. Aside from the responsiveness of the plugin, and helpful customer service by the means of their email support ticket system.
LeadPages Notable Features
- Fully mobile-responsive templates
- Mobile workspace
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Flexible publishing options
- A/B testing & analytics
- Built-in web forms
- Integrated with your favorite platforms
- Subscribers turned into customers
- More visibility and conversions
See our full Leadpages review here.
5. Thrive Architect
As of this writing, Thrive Architect is newest WordPress landing page plugin in the market. It was developed by Thrive Themes – a company that develops advanced, yet easy to use plugins, themes, and tools for WordPress.
More importantly though, Thrive Architect is not a tool built from the scratch; but is rather based on updates of the Thrive Content Builder plugin.
This means that this plugin presents a solid set of tried and tested features mixed with some new capabilities and a modern user interface.
Thrive Architect lets you create professional-looking pages, opt-in pages, webinar pages, etc. from its collection of numerous templates. The plugin also helps you create a landing page with WordPress that is fully responsive. These make the Thrive Architect plugin ideal for entrepreneurs who want to create mobile-friendly landing pages and websites quickly.
Thrive Architect is also very easy to use. Since Thrive Architect is a front-end visual builder, you can see everything on the screen while you’re customizing your page’s appearance.
It provides different elements such as buttons, countdown timers, and lead generation forms. You can also integrate these elements with other services like email marketing tools. Thrive Architect will definitely be a big help in getting leads and growing your marketing list.
Thrive Architect Notable Features
- High-Converting homepage
- Sales page
- Beautifully formatted blog posts
- Webinar pages, product launch pages, and more
- Ultra-flexible column layouts
- Attention-Grabbing text and image combination
- Total font customization
- Full-width layouts
- Hover effects
- Style every detail
- Mobile responsive
- Drag and drop editing
Say goodbye to the drag, drop, and WAIT process! It’s about time someone came up with a way to create a landing page with WordPress that features instantaneous feedback! This is what the Elementor page builder is most known for – it lets you design custom landing pages through its ‘lag-free’ front-end builder.
The instantaneous drag-and-drop page builder, real-time live edit, and quick page loading are what separates Elementor from the rest. The page builder’s speed is incomparable – and this goes for both the free and paid plugins. This makes the work fun and easy – and also greatly reduces time in designing.
No need to press update or go to preview mode! With the Elementor page builder, you can edit your page and simultaneously see exactly how it looks like. The plugin also features live design and inline editing, so the entire process of writing and designing is done instantly on the page – all in REAL-TIME!
The Elementor plugin was launched in 2016 and is one of the most recent page builders out there. However, it has quickly racked up over 800,000 active installs at WordPress.org. This makes it one of the most popular WordPress page builders in existence.
Elementor Page Builder Notable Features:
- Visual and intuitive form builder
- Marketing automation and CRM integrations
- Custom fonts
- Role manager
- Blog post layout widget
- Image & video sliders
- Global widgets
- Custom CSS
- Animated headlines
OptimizePress is a very useful WordPress landing page plugin that can handle any online marketing campaign. If you need to create a landing page with WordPress with advanced functions like full-scale marketing sites, sales pages, launch funnels, training pages, and even membership portals, then OptimizePress is the perfect plugin to use.
OptimizePress also has real-time drag-and-drop elements that can help you to create stunning landing pages comparable to those that are professionally-done. More importantly, you don’t have to worry about the responsiveness of your website, this plugin makes your pages look great for mobile, tablet, and laptop. This means that you can create beautiful, mobile-friendly landing pages even if you have no computer programming skills.
OptimizePress Notable Features
- Powerful membership templating system
- Wide variety of payment option integrations available
- The Element Browser can add a huge range of elements to your page
- Drag and Drop Elements to different columns
- Create completely custom Members areas
- Typography (fonts) can be changed
8. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is a flexible drag-and-drop page builder ideal for making landing pages. The plugin’s main draw is the quick load times of its layouts. A quick loading time is so valued by marketers because it allows them to effortlessly position photos, videos, and text. The Beaver Builder plugin also comes with dozens of design template layouts which lets you publish landing pages in just a few minutes. This WordPress landing page plugin is designed to work with almost any WordPress theme.
Aside from the drag-and-drop Interface, Beaver Builder is also developer-friendly. Developers can extend and customize the plugin through widgets or through the use of powerful and well-documented custom modules. These modules help developers enhance websites in different ways. For example, these modules can incorporate slideshows, call-to-action elements, contact forms, and testimonial sliders.
Beaver Builder Notable Features
- Content Modules: HTML, Photo, Text Editor, Audio, Video, Sidebar
- Others: Contact Form, Tabs, Slider, social icons PricingTable, Map, Blog Posts, Social Icons, etc.
- Lightweight and semantic markup for maximum performance
- Mobile-friendly, responsive layouts
- Add your own CSS classes and IDs
- Use WordPress Widgets and short codes
- Works with Pages, Posts, and Custom Post Types
- Expert support from a world-class support team
- Build your own custom modules
- A friendly and supportive community
9. SeedProd (previously Coming Soon Pro)
SeedProd is a WordPress landing page plugin that focuses on boosting your marketing efforts before your website even goes live. SeedProd extends beyond that of a coming soon page and maintenance page plugin.
Developers and web design professionals spend days and weeks or even months trying to design a perfect website. This is why there is a need to create a landing page with WordPress that also doubles as a ‘Coming Soon’ or ‘Under Maintenance’ page. SeedProd helps you promote your website, get leads, or sign subscribers even if the site is under development.
SeedPro Notable Features:
- Real-Time Page builder
- Image, Slideshow, and Video Backgrounds
- Collect Email Leads
- Responsive and Retina Ready
- Google Font Integration
- Animation and Effects
- Go Viral with Referral Trackin
- Count down and Progress
- Social Profiles and Social Sharing
- Translation Ready
- Fast and Friendly support
Which is the best WordPress landing page software plugin?
I’ve tried them all out and filled in information gaps with unbiased reviews.
Instapage provides the most complete features that you would ever need as a marketer, including options for integration with numerous other services like Salesforce and Mailchimp. Instapage makes it stupid simple for you to market your products/services with really high-converting landing pages.
More than 200 editable templates also gives you a big advantage when it comes to designing landing pages for your campaigns. Moreover, its intuitive interface also lessens the learning curve when it comes to learning how to use the plugin.
*Articles on this blog contain affiliate links that GMP receives a small commission from at no cost to you. We only recommend tools we trust. And never ones we don't trust.