Latest posts by Hailey Friedman (see all)
- How to Use Webinar Marketing To Grow Your Business in 2020 and beyond - September 29, 2020
- Zoom vs Webex vs GoToWebinar vs Webinarjam - September 29, 2020
- The Perfect Webinar Script and PowerPoint Deck - September 29, 2020
So you want to create a webinar?
Follow these 9 simple steps to record a webinar seamlessly.
Table of Contents
How to Create and Record Your First Webinar
I am obsessed with webinars. Creating a webinar is one of the easiest, cheapest and most impactful things you can do for business.
While only 44% of marketers have actually hosted or participated in a webinar, 87% found it to be an effective strategy to create a webinar.
I am one of those 87%. I’ve watched webinars work, first-hand, and I’ve been obsessed with hosting webinars ever since.
10 Steps to Hosting the Perfect Webinar
A webinar is a way to gather a group of attendees into a digital “room” where they can watch and listen to a presentation.
Webinars are great for:
- Selling your product
- Teaching a course
- Collecting emails
- Hosting live Q&As
- Training employees
- Onboarding customers
- and so much more!
Just follow these steps to create a webinar for your first time:
1. Sign up for webinar software
WebinarJam is the tool I use to record all my webinars. It’s simple, easy and the cheapest option. Use this link to try it for 14 days for just $1. There are of course other options when it comes to webinar software. View the complete list of Webinar Apps and Tools.
2. Give your webinar a name.
Make your title catchy.
I use CoSchedule’s helpful “headline analyzer” tool all the time to help me create catchy titles and headlines.
3. Pick your webinar host(s).
You can have multiple people host your webinar even if they are in separate locations.
4. Select a date and time for your webinar.
Ideally you’d schedule your webinar at least 3 weeks out so that you have some time to invite people to join the webinar.
I recommend picking a weekday, ideally Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Setting the time for 11am PST (2pm EST) since this tends to be a good time for people on both U.S. coasts.
5. Make your webinar free.
Create the minimal amount of friction when it comes to capturing a webinar sign up.
Use a free webinar as a way to build trust and engage with attendees. After you deliver value with your webinar, attendees will be more likely to make a purchase from you.
6. Create an image for marketing your webinar.
You can use a tool like Canva to create quick & beautiful images for your webinar marketing.
It helps to include images of the hosts- to show that a human will be running this live webinar. For example, here’s an image I created on Canva to use for a webinar recently:
(Example webinar image used for webinar marketing collateral.)
7. Create a landing page for your webinar.
WebinarJam has easy to use landing page templates that get auto-populated with information about your webinar. This is the quickest and easiest option that I recommend.
8. Draft an outline of your webinar script.
It can be intimidating to talk to a group of people live, even if it is over the internet and you’re behind your computer. It helps to have at least a brief outline of what you’re going to say. To help you get started, here’s the perfect webinar script– it’s free. This will take away some of the guess work for you!
9. Send traffic to your webinar
- Send invitations via email
- Send invitations via Linkedin
- Post the invitation to relevant Facebook groups
- Post the invitation on other event sites and directories
- Build co-marketing partnerships with complementary companies that have the a similar customer base
- Promote your webinar with paid ads on Facebook
10. Automate your webinar
- Re-use your webinar over and over again by making your webinar evergreen.
- Recommended tool for evergreen webinars: EverWebinar. Read the complete EverWebinar review here.
The Benefits of Creating a Webinar
Want to invite hundreds of your target customers into a digital room and get their undivided attention for 45 minutes or more?
Recording a webinar is the perfect way to sell at scale.
- Acquire leads for your business and turn them into paying customers
- Sell your product to hundreds of people at one time
- Build trust with your audience
- Answer questions from customers in real time
- Save time for you and your sales team by replacing product demos with a webinar
What To Expect When Running A Webinar
Running a webinar is a great way to acquire leads for your business and turn them into paying customers. As the webinar host, there are a few things you should know.
- About 30% of the people who register for your webinar will actually attend live.
- That’s completely normal. Plus you still have the emails of 100% of the people who registered, so you can send them a replay of the webinar.
- Ask your attendees if they can hear you when you start the webinar.
- Wait a few minutes after the official start time to allow the laggards to arrive.
- Attendees will join and exit throughout the webinar. Don’t worry about this.
- You can view statistics about your attendees and any actions they took by looking at the webinar analytics in WebinarJam.
- Always have a call to action for your attendees.
How to Create a Webinar that is Advanced
Step up your webinar game by using a webinar platform that offers advanced features to keep your attendees engaged and impressed. Using a tool like WebinarJam will give you access to the advanced features below:
- Use pop-up offers to encourage attendees to follow your call to action.
- Use countdowns to create urgency for your offer.
- Create a poll during the webinar to increase engagement.
- Turn webinar attendees into presenters. If an attendee has a question in the live chat, pull them into the webinar, show their face and allow them to participate as a presenter!
- Record your webinar and send the replay to attendees.
- Turn your recorded webinar into an automated webinar using EverWebinar. To learn more about evergreen automated webinars that are simulated to feel like they’re live, click here.
You Are Ready To Create a Webinar Today
Don’t be intimidated- webinars are easy to set up and one of the most powerful ways to grow your business.
The first step to creating and recording your first webinar is to sign up for WebinarJam.
Set up your first webinar in a matter of minutes.
Now go get started!
*Articles on this blog contain affiliate links that GMP receives a small commission from at no cost to you. We only recommend tools we trust. And never ones we don't trust.