Latest posts by Hailey Friedman (see all)
- The Best Webinar Software For Every Business: Top 22 Webinar Tools - November 1, 2020
- How to Create an Evergreen Webinar – The Perfect Guide to Automated Webinars - October 20, 2020
- EverWebinar vs WebinarJam vs EasyWebinar vs Demio - October 20, 2020
Learn from the Best Digital Marketing Courses Online. Top Online Training and Certificate Classes
If you want to better your digital marketing knowledge, there are a lot of options to choose from. It seems like everyone and their brother offers a Marketing Masterclass. Which ones are good? How do you avoid scam?
We recommend avoiding programs with a “get rich quick” feel to them. Instead select a class that is geared towards growing your skills and knowledge.
Things to keep in mind
- Many classes offer custom, one-on-one, or live training. This is a highly valuable attribute and we recommend those courses over others.
- Although not an online course, there are a few explicitly in-person workshops that are quality and very much worth considering.
- A great place to start, is with our 100% free Growth Marketing Training. It’s only 1 hour long and you’ll get a TON of value from it– including templates and resources that we use to get customers and drive growth with predictability. After that, you may consider one of the longer bootcamps below.
Below is our list of vetted and high quality digital marketing courses that you can take online…
Table of Contents
- Demand Curve
- Seth Godin
- Ben Malol
- System Training
- Increase Academy
- Neil Patel
- Gimme Growth
- Growth Tribe (in-person)
- Tradecraft (in-person)
Online Digital Marketing Courses
Demand Curve is a growth agency in San Francisco that offers a personalized training in growth marketing. Their courses are designed for senior and strategic roles. It is taught by a team of experts that has simultaneously worked on growth marketing for over 20 major startups.
Demand Curve review:
This is a 3.5 week course that is taken remotely. There is no pre-recorded content, students learn through written guides and Slack conversations. Average students spend 1.5 to 3 hours per day. This is a high-level course with very quality material.
- Hands-on project based learning from some of the industries finest
- Extremely up-to-date info
- In-depth, one-on-one mentorship
- Must apply for the course
Demand Curve pricing: $5,800
Special offer: Use this link for $500 OFF
Seth Godin’s altMBA program
The altMBA program offered by Seth Godin is a 4 week online workshop designed for ambitious individuals wanting to take it to the next level. Admission is selective and prioritized based on “professional achievements and ruckusmaker attitude”.
Seth Godin’s altMBA review:
With the altMBA you learn through teamwork, coaching, and projects. There is one coach for every 10 students. Over 75% of the course is spent producing work. A well-designed and effective course.
- Personalized feedback
- Small class sizes
- Team discussion and collaboration
- Not everybody is accepted (a pro for some)
- Program dates might be restrictive for some
Seth Godin’s altMBA pricing: $3,850
Seth Godin’s altMBA video: “Why I built the altMBA”
You can get a comprehensive foundation with the Growth Series course. Each course is 8 weeks, and can be taken part-time from anywhere in the world.
- Very in-depth and comprehensive content
- Application focused training
- Weekly live training events that can be participated in online or in person (San Francisco, US)
- Need to apply and wait for the next session
- $3,495 for individuals
- $2,995 per seat for groups of 3+
Reforge video: Podcast with Brian Balfour
Ben Malol is a Facebook marketer who teaches a Social Marketing Masterclass. It seems marketed to people without any experience and definitely has a “get-rich-quick” feel to it.
Ben Malol review:
His master class has 50 video lessons, all relating to Facebook ads. His Facebook banner says “I make people buy s*** they don’t need”, which makes me wonder if that includes his course.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- He has a fair amount of free content
- “Get rich quick” feel
- Limited to Facebook ads
Ben Malol pricing:
- He has 2 free workshops
- Social Marketing Masterclass is $297.
Ben Malol video: “Social Marketing MasterClass introduction”
Authority Site System Training
Authority hacker provides step-by-step training on how to create an authority site. This program is specifically designed for building authority sites and is designed for newcomers.
Authority Site System Training review:
Learn how websites make money. Create a plan for your authority site. Build your site. No technical knowledge is required. I actually did this course when starting my business. It’s great for someone looking for good so far who doesn’t have a technical background.
- Easy to use
- Access to many copy and paste templates
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t strive to build your understanding of marketing concepts
Authority Site System pricing: $997
An Authority Site System video sample can be found on their main page under the “Take a Sneak Peak Inside The Course” heading.
Sean Vosler’s Increase Academy
Sean Vosler founded the Increase Academy, which provides online courses for various digital marketing and e-commerce topics. Anybody can can take a course.
Sean Vosler review:
Courses are basically slideshows with informational text and some videos. Compared to other courses that provide custom feedback and one-on-one, hands on training, I think these courses are overpriced.
- Sean is very responsive
- Lifetime access to content
- No Hands-On training
- No worksheets or similar quizzes / assignments
- Expensive for what you get
Sean Vosler pricing:
- Single courses range from $29 to $1,999
- Continuing subscription courses are $99 /month
Sean Vosler video sample from the Euntrepreneur Club lecture series
Platzi courses are great introductions. They are short (2.5 hours of content). Platzi courses might be good for people thinking about getting into growth marketing, but don’t know much about it.
- Lifetime access to materials
- Some free courses
- Basic content
- Courses range from free to $50
Platzi video: “Growth Marketing Course”
ConversionXL is an online educational institution. They have several mini-degree programs including one on Growth Marketing. They also offer smaller courses on various marketing, analytics, CRO, and UX subjects. The growth marketing program is “perfect for marketers looking to drive faster growth”.
Mini-degree programs provide over 200 hours video courses and conference video events. Many large companies such as Google and Progressive train employees through cxl, so your education will likely be recognized. An excellent price for what you get.
- CXL is an authorized LinkedIn education provider
- Many content hours for the price
- Flexible pricing options if you’re interested in more than one course or program
- Certificate is not accredited outside of LinkedIn
- No live person-to-person feedback.
- Mini degree tuition is $699
- Individual courses range from $100 to $400.
- All-access plans: $299 /mo or $2500 /year.
ConversionXL video: “Why CXL Institute?”
DigitalMarketer’s Mastery Certificate Programs
DigitalMarketer has 11 courses relating to digital marketing. Each 4-8 hour program awards a certificate. Content is for intermediate to advanced individuals.
DigitalMarketers Mastery certificate programs review:
Digital marketers provide a lot of great content, but their prices just too high for 4-8 hours of impersonal content.
- Quality content
- Badges that can be displayed on a website or LinkedIn profile
- Quizzes and Handouts keep you on top of your study
- Expensive for what you get
- Certificate is not accredited
DigitalMarketer Mastery certificate programs pricing: $495 per class
Neil Patel is one of the most successful and influential digital marketers today. He provides individual training on SEO and other digital marketing subjects. He provides a significant amount of free content through his podcasts and blogs. His content is great for anyone who wants to learn, his consulting services are best suited for big budget businesses.
Neil Patel review:
Neil Patel offers a free marketing school that you can subscribe to (an educational podcast). Although it’s not an online class, he does offer individually based training and consulting.
- Extremely reputable, honest, and an effective trainer
- Provides a huge amount of content for free
- Must contact him for individually based pricing
- Too expensive for most
Neil Patel pricing:
- Individually based. Contact him for price.
- Blogs and Marketing School podcast are free.
Neil Patel video introduction
Foundr’s Start&Scale with Gretta van Riel
Gretta van Riel became very successful in e-commerce and is helping others with her start&scale course. This course is specifically for those interestsed in eCommerce businesses.
Foundr’s Start&Scale review:
This class offers step-by-step video modules that help you start or improve your eCommerce. If you want to sell physical goods online, this class will save you a lot of time and money.
- Video modules can be accessed repeatedly at any time
- Facebook support group with advise and moral support
- Must join a waitlist
- No direct feedback
Foundr’s Start and Scale pricing:
- $1,997 for an individual
- Two-for-one deal ($997 each person)
Foundr’s Start and Scale video: “Foundr Course Trailer”
Gimme Growth is an online course led by Dominic Coryell to help startups and pre-launch startups grow.
Gimme Growth review:
You get a full library of growth courses taught by domain experts. Content is constantly updated as best practices evolve. Dominic provides excellent support and customer service, a great class for startups.
- Access to live “grow huddles” on Facebook (Q&A with mentors, peers, and alumni)
- You get custom advice on choosing the right tools for you startup
- 100% satisfaction guaruntee, can get a full refund before 8 days
- Pricing options are a bit confusing
Gimme Growth pricing:
- Annual plan is $500: complete access, a Kickstart coaching session, as well as lifetime membership.
- Lifetime Access plan is $49: lifetime access to course content.
Gimme Growth video: “Overview of Gimme Growth”
SimpliLearn Digital Marketing Specialist Program
Simply learn is an online academy that provides certificate programs and courses in a variety of fields. They have a digital marketing specialist program designed for anybody looking to further their career in digital marketing. With this course you get an OMCP (online marketing certified professional) and have a full year to complete it.
SimpliLearn’s digital marketing specialist program provides over 75 live, instructor-led, online classes. There are over 45 projects and simulations. This is a well put together course at a fairly good price.
- You earn an OMCP (online marketing certified professional) Certification (worth $395)
- Includes classes led by live instructors
- Projects and simulations build hands-on experience
- Full refund if requested within 7 days
- Master’s program certification is not equivalent to a master’s degree, don’t get that confused.
SimpliLearn pricing: $1,499
SimpliLearn digital marketing specialist video: “How to Become a Digital Marketing Expert”
Digital Marketing Courses In-Person
Growth Tribe’s 2-day Growth Hacking crash course
Growth Tribe offers an intensive 2-day course on growth hacking. No previous skills are required, but the course is best for marketers, CEOs, managers, or anybody interested in growing a business. They offer some other courses including longer versions of the Growth Hacking class.
Growth Tribe review:
Taught 100% in-person and very much worth the money (particularly for people in Europe). After taking the course you’ll be able to implement a process of rapid experimentation and execute best tactics from creating landing pages to chatbots. An excellent course.
- In-person, hands-on training
- Lifelong access to their online learning environment
- Access to exclusive Slack community of alumni
- Must travel to Amsterdam, Netherlands
Growth Tribe pricing:
- €1,297, (approximately $1,480)
Growth Tribe 2-day Growth Hacking Crash Course video overview
MAD Kings Academy Growth Hacking Workshop
The Growth Hacking Workshop provided by MAD King’s is a 2-day intensive workshop that teaches growth marketing and provides networking opportunities. It is designed for marketers, product owners, and founders. Taught 100% in person.
MAD Kings Academy Growth Hacking Workshop review:
This is a great opportunity to network with ambitious marketers and founders. The in person tutelage helps you progress more rapidly. Excellent course for anybody serious about implementing growth marketing strategies.
- Good instructor student ratio (20 seats per workshop)
- Workshop is given in person
- Learn a lot in a very short time
- Must travel, February 2019 Workshop is located in Brussels, Belgium
MAD Kings Academy Growth Hacking Workshop pricing:
- For startups, €1,149.5 (~ $1,309)
- For corporations, €1,452 (~ $1,654)
- Twin packs, €1,089.5 (~ $1,241) each
MAD Kings Academy Growth Hacking Workshop video
Tradecraft Growth Marketing Program
Tradecraft offers intensive 12 week courses taught in person (San Francisco, US). They have four categories: Product Design, Growth, Engineering, plus Sales and BD. Each week has over 60 hours of training and work. Designed for smart and motivated individuals seeking a career path in tech.
Tradecraft Growth marketing program review:
This program is really excellent if you can commit to a full time educational program. Mentors that you learn from have great resumes, and the work is meaningful. If you have the money and time definitely consider Tradecraft.
- You do real work that is applied to real companies
- Financing is available
- Excellent networking and reputation helps you get a job
- Cannot take the class while working
- Most will have to travel to San Francisco
Tradecraft Growth program pricing: $14,000
Tradecraft video: Interview with Tradecraft founder, MI=isha Chellam
*Articles on this blog contain affiliate links that GMP receives a small commission from at no cost to you. We only recommend tools we trust. And never ones we don't trust.