Latest posts by Hailey Friedman (see all)
- Semrush vs Ahrefs vs Moz vs GrowthBar - November 20, 2021
- 23 Best Webinar Software Platforms For Every Business in 2021 (Ranked & Reviewed) - October 18, 2021
- How to Start a Blog (or Website) Like the Growth Marketing Pros - October 13, 2021
Learn from the Best Digital Marketing Courses Online with Top Online Training and Certificate Classes!
If you want to improve your digital marketing knowledge, there are lots of options to choose from. In fact, there might be too many…it seems like everyone and their brother offers a Marketing Masterclass. So which marketing courses are good? How do you avoid a scam?
We recommend avoiding programs with a “get rich quick” feel to them. If you will suddenly make thousands of dollars in a month, that probably isn’t the best bet. Instead, select a class that is geared towards growing your skills and knowledge.
Things to keep in mind about digital marketing courses:
- Many classes offer custom, one-on-one, or live training. This is a highly valuable attribute and we recommend those courses over others.
- A great place to start is with our 100% free Growth Marketing Training. It’s only one hour long and you’ll get a TON of value from it– including templates and resources that we use to get customers and drive growth with predictability. After that, you may consider one of the longer bootcamps below.
Below is our list of vetted and high quality digital marketing courses that you can take online…
Top 12 Marketing Courses Table of Contents
- Demand Curve
- Seth Godin
- System Training
- Neil Patel
- Gimme Growth
- Growth Tribe
Online Digital Marketing Courses Review
1. Demand Curve
Demand Curve is a growth agency in San Francisco that offers a personalized training in growth marketing. Their courses are designed for senior and strategic roles. It’s taught by a team of experts that’s worked with thousands of companies (like Microsoft, Imperfect Foods, and more) to improve their growth marketing.
Demand Curve Review:
This is a self-paced course that is taken remotely with over 60 marketing playbooks, live workshops, and a dedicated growth advisor. There is no pre-recorded content, students learn through written guides, emails, and Slack. You get access to the material and Slack community for life, and to your advisor and live workshops for six months. This is a high-level course with very quality material.
- Hands-on project based learning from some of the industries finest
- Extremely up-to-date info
- In-depth, one-on-one mentorship
- Six months is a good amount of time, but make sure you can fit your learning into then
Demand Curve Pricing: $2,500
2. Seth Godin’s altMBA program
The altMBA program offered by Seth Godin is a 31-day online workshop designed for ambitious individuals wanting to take it to the next level. It covers more than marketing by reviewing public speaking, decision making, and business modeling. Admission is selective and prioritized based on “professional achievements and ruckusmaker attitude”.
Seth Godin’s altMBA Course Review:
With the altMBA you learn through teamwork, coaching, and projects. There is one coach for every 10 students, and three live Zoom meetings each week. Over 75% of the course is spent producing work. It’s a well-designed and effective course.
- Personalized feedback
- Small class sizes
- Team discussion and collaboration
- Not everyone is accepted (a pro for some)
- You might not be able to make the program dates
Seth Godin’s altMBA Pricing: $4,450 (flat rate)
Seth Godin’s altMBA video: “Why I built the altMBA”
Reforge offers various programs designed for experienced product and marketing professionals like their Growth Series, Advanced Growth Strategy, Retention + Engagement Deep Dive, Marketing Strategy, and more.
You can get a comprehensive foundation with the Growth Series course. Each course is 6 weeks, and can be taken part-time from anywhere in the world. They suggest working on the course about 6 hours each week, split between live sessions, self-paced material, and application.
- Very in-depth and comprehensive content
- Application focused training
- Weekly live programs
- Need to apply and wait for the next session
- And to apply for some sessions, you must be a member first
- $1,995/year for individuals
- $1,795/year per seat for groups of 3+
Reforge video: Podcast with Brian Balfour
4. Authority Site System Training
Authority Hacker provides step-by-step training on how to create affiliate and authority sites. An authority site is a site that other websites (and people) trust, which helps with traffic, SEO, and eventually, revenue. This program is specifically designed for building authority sites and is designed for newcomers.
Authority Site System Training Review:
I actually did this course when starting my business. It’s great for someone who doesn’t have a technical background. You’ll learn how websites make money, how to create a plan for your authority site, and then actually build your site.
- Easy to use
- Access to many copy and paste templates
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t strive to build your understanding of marketing concepts
Authority Site System Pricing: $997
An Authority Site System video sample can be found on their main page under the “Take a Sneak Peak Inside The Course” heading.
Platzi Course Review:
Platzi courses are great introductions. They’re short (2.5 hours of content) and are best for people thinking about getting into growth marketing, but don’t know much about it.
- Lifetime access to materials
- Some free courses
- Basic content
- Courses range from free to $50
Platzi Video: “Growth Marketing Course”
ConversionXL is an online educational institution. They have several mini-degree programs including one on Growth Marketing. They also offer smaller courses on various marketing, analytics, CRO, and UX subjects. Companies that have used CXL trainings include Amazon, Google, Hilton, Cisco, and others.
Mini-degree programs provide over 200 hours video courses and conference video events. Because of their impressive clientele, your education will likely be recognized. And, it’s an excellent price for what you get.
- CXL is an authorized LinkedIn education provider
- Many content hours for the price
- Flexible pricing options if you’re interested in more than one course or program
- Certificate is not accredited outside of LinkedIn
- No live person-to-person feedback.
This pricing is for individuals, but they also have team pricing for up to 5 users.
- Mini degree tuition is $899
- Individual courses range from $100 to $400.
- All-access plans: $249 /mo or $1299 /year.
ConversionXL Video: “Why CXL Institute?”
7. DigitalMarketer’s Mastery Certificate Programs
DigitalMarketer has a series of workshops, certifications, mastery classes, and playbooks. Content is for intermediate to advanced individuals.
DigitalMarketers Mastery Certificate Programs Review:
Digital marketers provide a lot of great content, but their prices just too high for 4-8 hours of impersonal content. However, they do have cheaper options in their on-demand workshops and playbooks.
- Quality content
- Badges that can be displayed on a website or LinkedIn profile
- Quizzes and handouts keep you on top of your study
- Expensive for what you get
- Certificate is not accredited
DigitalMarketer Mastery Certificate Programs Pricing: $495 per class, or $999 for their Digital Marketing Mastery course.
8. Neil Patel
Neil Patel is one of the most successful and influential digital marketers today. He provides individual training on SEO and other digital marketing subjects. He provides a significant amount of free content through his podcasts and blogs. While his content is great for anyone who wants to learn, his consulting services are best suited for big budget businesses.
Neil Patel Review:
Neil Patel offers a free marketing school that you can subscribe to as an educational podcast. Although it’s not an online class, he does offer individually based training and consulting.
- Extremely reputable, honest, and an effective trainer
- Provides a huge amount of content for free
- Must contact him for individually based pricing
- Too expensive for most
Neil Patel Pricing:
- Individually based. Contact him for price.
- Blogs and Marketing School podcast are free.
Neil Patel Video: Neil Patel Introduction
9. Foundr’s Start & Scale with Gretta van Riel
Foundr’s Start & Scale Review:
This class offers step-by-step video modules that help you start or improve your eCommerce. If you want to sell physical goods online, this class will save you a lot of time and money.
- Video modules can be accessed repeatedly at any time
- Facebook support group with advise and moral support
- Must join a waitlist
- No direct feedback
Foundr’s Start and Scale Pricing:
- $1,997 for an individual
- Two-for-one deal ($997 each person)
Foundr’s Start and Scale Video: “Foundr Course Trailer”
10. Gimme Growth
Gimme Growth Review:
You get a full library of growth courses taught by domain experts. Content is constantly updated as best practices evolve. Dominic provides excellent support and customer service, which makes it a great class for startups.
- Access to live “grow huddles” on Facebook (Q&A with mentors, peers, and alumni)
- You get custom advice on choosing the right tools for you startup
- 100% satisfaction guarantee, can get a full refund before 8 days
- Pricing options are a bit confusing
Gimme Growth Pricing:
- Coaching Plan is $500: You get complete access, a Kickstart coaching session, as well as lifetime membership.
- Lifetime Access plan is $49: Lifetime access to course content.
Gimme Growth Video: “Overview of Gimme Growth”
11. SimpliLearn Digital Marketing Specialist Program
SimpliLearn is an online academy that provides certificate programs and courses in a variety of fields. They have a digital marketing specialist program designed for anybody looking to further their career in digital marketing. They also partner with Caltech, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft, IBM, and other impressive companies.
SimpliLearn’s digital marketing specialist program provides over 75 live, instructor-led, online classes. There are over 45 projects and simulations. This is a well put together course at a fairly good price, and you get an OMCP (online marketing certified professional) and have a full year to complete it.
- You earn an OMCP (online marketing certified professional) Certification (worth $395)
- Includes classes led by live instructors
- Projects and simulations build hands-on experience
- Full refund if requested within 7 days
- Master’s program certification is not equivalent to a master’s degree, so don’t get that confused.
SimpliLearn Pricing: $1,499
SimpliLearn digital marketing specialist video: “How to Become a Digital Marketing Expert”
12. Growth Tribe’s 3-day Growth Hacking Crash Course
Growth Tribe offers an intensive 3-day course on growth hacking. No previous skills are required, but the course is best for marketers, CEOs, managers, or anybody interested in growing a business. They also offer other courses six and 12 week classes on growth, business analytics, UX design, and others.
Growth Tribe Review:
While this used to be taught 100% in-person, it’s now offered online. After taking the course you’ll be able to implement a process of rapid experimentation and execute best tactics from creating landing pages to chatbots. It’s an excellent course.
- In-person, hands-on training
- Lifelong access to their online learning environment
- Access to exclusive Slack community of alumni
- You have to be able to take them the specific dates and times offered
Growth Tribe Pricing: €1,197 (approximately $1,650)
Growth Tribe 2-day Growth Hacking Crash Course Video: Course overview
Conclusion: Online Marketing Courses for Every Marketer
And there you have it! A very honest review of 14 digital marketing courses for those looking to learn about growth marketing, digital marketing, or other business topics.
Want to get started right now? Check out our Growth Marketing Training. It’s only one hour long and you’ll get a TON of value from it–including templates and resources that we personally use to get customers and drive growth with predictability. It’s a great starting point getting into the growth marketing world. Oh, and did I mention it’s totally free?